Sunday, January 26, 2014

They Raised Me Well

Dear God

God, I want to thank you for all the blessings you've given me in my life. If you're also the one in charge of these instances in my life, thank you for that too. But one more thing I want to thank you for, is for my parents. No wait. It's them I want to thank. Let this letter be a thank you card for them, not directly a letter for You. God, help me. At least let this letter be a way to tell my parents how thankful I am to them, let me tell it through you. Thanks.

First, I want to thank them for giving birth to me. Oh, a portion of the world would've been a whole lot different without me, I've changed many people's lives, that's for sure. I know I've brought goodness into this world, even only a little. And I know that I'll be doing great things. I know.

Second, for giving me the environment that has honed my skills. No really, I am above average. That's why want to thank them for all the color pencils, the drawing notebooks, the encyclopedias, the cable television, the harsh way of teaching me when I was young, and for the indirect ways that motivated me into making myself stronger both physically and mentally.

Third and last, because I'm running out out things to say, thanks for the fun. ☺ My childhood wouldn't have been the same without you. Seriously, I wound't be this fun of a man without your help. Thanks for all the toys, the Beyblade, B-Daman, Crushgear, Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, Pokémon, and much more! Not every kid had a life like this. And I know that I was the luckiest.

I will repay them someday. Just not now. I'll enjoy my life for now.
Just let them know that I love them.

-Khyleri B. Gancayco

No comments:

Post a Comment